EMPOWER YOUR FELLOW SISTA
I've been saying for awhile now how I would love for more women to stick together instead of competing with one another.
This month I had the pleasure of planning a Sistahood Empowerment Banquet for Columbus Public Schools. This is the 5th year I've planned their annual banquet and I'm delighted each year for the honor.
Normally for banquets and dinners you always have your typically charger as a place setting. For this years banquet I opted to try place mats as an alternative and I was much impressed.
Each table had a different quote on them, providing inspiration to guests to not only empower themselves but other women as well.
Each quest also were a question to answer "How Will You Empower Another Sista?" Each quest had to go around the room and recite.
Full dessert table was amazing with homemade cookies, brownies and cupcakes from Cakes 2 Envy, and lollipops, chocolate, candy sticks, & gummy bears. The girls were in sweet tooth heaven.
The menu for the banquet was macaroni and cheese, green beans, and brown stew chicken and was catered by Abba Caribbean Cuisine.
The girls were also awarded for the academics during the school year.
Again, it was a pleasure to plan such a fabulous event for such a fabulous group of girls.
Special thanks to Columbus Public Schools, Cakes 2 Envy, Abba Caribbean Cusine, & Event Assistant Mila for helping make this event fabulous.
, girl power beyonce
, celebrity style events
, pretty girl rock
, cakes 2 envy
, columbus bridal cafe
, beechcroft high school
, columbus public schools
, sistahood empowerment
, women empowerment
8 STEPS TO HOSTING A GIRL POWER SOIREE...
The phrase "Girl Power", as a term of empowerment, expressed a cultural phenomenon of the 1990s and early 2000s. It is also linked to third-wave feminism.
Years ago five girls from far far away in London created a trend "Girl Power" Since then it has been celebrated in all avenues from Sex and the City to the latest Beyonce single.
In these easy steps you can create a fabulous Girl Power Soiree for you and your fave girls, celebrating the greatness of being a woman.
1. The Invitations - I think this logo is a chic, and classic logo. Its not too girly but gets the point across. This can be used on your invitations.
2. The Dress Code - A girl power soiree is the perfect way to get your girls to not only feel better about themselves but look darn fabulous too in fun flirty cocktail dresses.
3. The Entrance - What girl power soiree is complete without a pink carpet...
4. The Decor - How girl power is this centerpiece, it represents the sexiness of a woman.
5. The Food - These simple and easy chicken skewers are perfect and wont make too much of a fuss, and less mess on your dress.
6. The Cocktail - a soiree is not complete without a signature cocktail.
1 oz Chambord
1.5 oz honey vodka
.5 oz lime juice
Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass or crushed ice-filled rocks glass. Top with more crushed ice. Garnish with raspberries.
7. The Cake - This will be a perfect conversation piece aside from your fabulous girls, of course. A similar cake can be made from Cakes 2 Envy 614.376.6991
8. Celebrate Your Girls - Celebrate how great each of your girls are over good food, drinks, and company. Place pieces of paper with each girls name on them in a stiletto and each girl draws a name and goes around the room and says how great that girl is. Now thats GIRL POWER!!!
Be sure to call Celebrity Style Events for all your event needs 614.354.2676
Follow me on Twitter: IamTrishDrake